Monday 11 October 2010

bon appetit!

I have never been one to cook. Ever. In fact, I would even go as far as saying that I hate cooking.

HOWEVER, I have chosen to break this habit of cooking more than beans on toast (and also with the fear that when I move out, I will only survive on microwave food, cereal and tea), and decided to attempt to cook.

Two Sundays ago, I made my first ever meal ; I must say, it was absolutely delicious. I even impressed myself! Although it was simple (Lasagne, with home made bolognese!) it managed to take me over 2 hours to make, but I guess that will get better with time!

(i admit it looks vile here)

I was so proud! And strangely, i kind of... enjoyed cooking it? How crazy is that! I did make the slight error of then adding cabbage to the salad instead of lettuce (lets be honest, it wasn't going to go 100% right....), but despite that, it was rather yummy!

Fast forward to today : I haven't actually made anything else.... I blame University work taking up all my time (that and shopping.... ahem). Im sure I will get there one day though... Maybe I won't be the next Nigella, but if my 14 year old sister can cook meals, then I'm sure i have at least some hope....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...